At Richmond Hill, we are dedicated to providing a safe environment for our pupils. For information on our Safeguarding procedures, policy, online support and curriculum links, please see below.
Safeguarding Policy 2020/2021 see policies under parents information page.
Executive Safeguarding Lead Rose Learning Trust Mrs Kelly Cousins Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Mrs Karen O’Keeffe or Deputy Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) Mrs Marcia Lord
If you have any safeguarding concerns during school closure please contact our safeguarding team on 07591203296, outside of school hours please contact Doncaster Children's Services Trust on Doncaster 01302 737777 or alternatively email PA@richmond.doncaster.sch.uk, emails are checked regualarly and with be responded to as soon as possible.
Latest Parent support document from Gooseberry Planet
Doncaster Community Hub
School Nursing Service 01302 566776 or email email@example.com
HOPEline UK 08000684141 helpline contact for any support or advice for young people
Childline or TEL: 0800 1111 for support
UK Safer Internet Centre to report and remove harmful online content
CEOP for advice on making a report about crime online
Key advice from Gooseberry Planet for parents during school closure
CEOP Thinkyouknow advice for parents
Headstogether Mentally Healthy Schools
Safeguarding is an integral part of practice within Richmond Hill and The Rose Learning Trust, with all trust schools listed as partners in the Doncaster Safeguarding Children Partnership – click here for information.
Click here to see our Curriculum Coverage Overview.
E-Safety awareness and understanding is of great importance for our pupils, who are growing up with technology at every turn. E-Safety is taught both as part of the Computing curriculum, whilst also being integrated within our day-to-day practice and discussion. Cross-curricular links are made within our Prevent and SMSC agendas, as well as our RSE curriculum and Health Education statutory guidance.
Children are exposed to a progressive e-safety programme throughout their time in school, accessing age-appropriate messages and content that help them: to use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly. In order to develop this, The Rose Learning Trust have implemented the use of the Gooseberry Planet platform in all of our schools, ahead of the 2019/2020 academic year. For more information on this progression, please see below.
Through our curriculum we cover a range of topics, and use a range of methods, including:
- Prevent – radicalism and extremism
- Cyber Security – Phishing/Whaling, etc.
- E-Safety – sexting/grooming, personal safety online, etc.
- Mental Health, Wellbeing & Mindfulness
- Essential Life Skills – road safety/swimming
- Interventions – enhanced social and emotional programmes, to support the needs of more vulnerable children
- CSE – Pants, Alright Charlie
- Fire Drills and Security Drills
- PCSO Visits
- School Nurse Visits
- Anti-bullying Week, safety weeks, Healthy Week, LGBTQ Week
- Ongoing staff training
Assemblies are also utilised to further instil the above throughout the school. During COVID 19 restrictions Class Assemblies will take place rather than Whole School.
As a Trust we have adopted the Gooseberry Planet platform. Gooseberry Planet is a software platform designed to teach pupils, parents and school staff about the dangers of the online world, through game-based learning. This covers topics including, but not limited to:
- Sexual Exploitation and Grooming
- Emailing and live gaming
- Webcams and live streaming
- Social networking and people online
- Meeting up and chat rooms
- Online Bullying
For more information on this platform, please see the Gooseberry Planet link at the top of the page or, to view the Parents information page, click here.
Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
Worried about a child?
If you are worried about a child please contact us on us on 01302 737777 between 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
Outside of these hours call 01302 796000
You can email us securely with additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Exceptional Circumstances such as school closure please contact:
Executive Safeguarding Lead Rose Learning Trust Mrs Kelly Cousins Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Mrs Karen O’Keeffe or Deputy Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) Mrs Marcia Lord using email address PA@richmond.doncaster.sch.uk
- Secure Schools
- Gooseberry Planet
- UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS)
Keeping Children Safe in Education link below
- Mrs Cousins – Executive Safeguarding Lead (Rose Learning Trust) – Advanced Safeguarding, Prevent WRAP 3 and Safer Recruitment trained
- Mrs O’Keeffe – Designated Safeguarding Lead – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Lord – Deputy Safeguarding Lead – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Secker – Principal – Advanced Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment trained
- Mr Norton – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Millar – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Bickerstaffe – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mr Armstrong – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Mrs Robinson – Advanced Safeguarding trained
- Miss Smith – Advanced Safeguarding trained
Mavis Latham – Safeguarding Governor – Safeguarding Level 1 and Safer Recruitment trained
All staff are Level 1 Safeguarding trained and are required to complete annual updates to their training. Further three monthly reviews and weekly reviews keeps Safeguarding to the forefront.