- Virtual Learning Environment - Spring 2 Week 1 22.02.21
- Virtual Learning Environment - Week 2 Spring 2 1.3.21
- Year 3 Home Learning
- Year 3 Virtual Learning Environment - Week 1 04/01/21
- Year 3 Virtual Learning Environment - Week 2 11/01/21
- Year 3 Virtual Learning Environment - Week 4 25/01/21
- Year 3 Virtual Learning Environment - Week 6 08/02/21
- Year 3 Virtual Learning Environment 18/01/21
- Year 3 Virtual Learning Environment Week 5 01/02/21
- Virtual Learning Environment - Week 3 Spring 2
- Virtual Learning Environment - Week 4 Spring 2
- Virtual Learning Environment - Week 5 Spring 2
- Virtual Learning Environment - Week 6 Spring 2
- Virtual Learning Environment - Final Week 12.7.21
- Virtual Learning Environment - Summer 1 Week 1 12.04.21
- Virtual Learning Environment - Summer 1 Week 2 19.4.21
- Virtual Learning Environment - Summer 1 Week 3 26.4.21
- Virtual Learning Environment - Summer 2 Week 1 7.6.21
- Virtual Learning Environment Summer 1 Week 4 3.5.21
- Virtual Learning Environment Summer 1 Week 5 10.5.2021
- Virtual Learning Environment Summer 1 Week 6 17.5.21
- Virtual Learning Environment Summer 2 Week 2 13.6.21
- Virtual Learning Environment Summer 2 Week 4 28.6.21
- Year 3 VLE week commencing 5th July 2021
Year 3 2022 - 2023
Year 3 Transition
Year 3 starts the transition into KS2 which can be a very different experience for some children. Children are led towards a change in curriculum expectations, as well as a change in mindset, now accessing a classroom at the opposite of the school, where the 'older' children are taught. Year 3 children access a different playground, therefore a period of transition takes place at the beginning of the year to settle children in to their new routines.
Children tend to flourish and mature in Year 3 which is a truly magnificent thing to encounter as a teacher.
Star of the Week
All of our children are superstars! They have been working so hard.
Each week, the teachers or pupils will choose who they feel have one or all of our core values. The children that have been chosen will wear a yellow star pupil t-shirt. Also you will find in their diary a postcard explaining why they have been chosen that week.
Meet the Team
Y3B - Mrs Bickerstaffe - Head of Key Stage 2 and Class Teacher
Y3W – Mrs Wilkinson - Class Teacher
Mrs Burke - Teaching Assistant
A Typical Day in Year 3
8:45 - Registration and Morning Maths Task (Countdown)
9:00 - 10:00 - Maths
10:00 - 10:15 - Break
10:15 – 11:15 - Novel Study
11:15 – 11:40 - Spelling
11:40 - 2:00 - Maths Meeting
12:00 -12:55 - Lunch
12:55 - Registration
1:00 - 1:30 – Assembly
1:30 – 3:00 - Cornerstones (Topic) / Science
3:00 – 3:15 - Class read
3:15 - Home Time
Please bring your P.E kits in on Monday and take them home on Friday so that you have them for the entire week.
Year 3 E-Safety Lessons
Gooseberry Planet - Street
As we are spending more time online at home than we might normally, our online safety curriculum is as important as ever! We complete two lessons each half term. We will inform you when these have been completed so that you can log on to your child's account so they can play the reinforcing game. You will be able to print off a certificate after these.
In Year 3, we encourage an increased degree of independence.
Pupils are expected to read 5 times a week at home and have this signed in their diaries. This will be checked every Monday for reader leader.
Pupils will be sent home with a spelling log book. These are to be practiced throughout the week and signed by an adult at home. Pupils will be tested on the weeks words on the following week (usually a Monday). Any words that they have found particularly tricky or spelt incorrectly will become their speed spell words following week. New words to learn will be written in on a Monday.
Pupils will be sent home with a Maths Homework book on a Thursday. This is to be completed and returned the following Monday.
Pupils will be sent home with a Topic Homework sheet for the full term. Children can choose 2 things from the list to complete. These are to be brought back before the end of the term.
Through the Ages – Autumn term – to be handed in before Christmas (16.12.2022)
Rocks, Relics & Rumbles – Spring term – to be handed in before Easter (31.03.2022)
Emperors and Empires – Summer term – to be handed in before the end of the academic year (21.07.2022)
Files to Download
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display